Tag: Daimonn

first_imgicg, April 2, 2014 zoom Russian company St. Peter Line has made the final payment to Irish Continental Group (ICG), the country’s leading maritime transport group, related to the sale of the vessel SPL Princess Anastasia (formerly Pride of Bilbao).ICG today received €17.0 million in full settlement of all amounts due under the terms of the Bareboat Hire Purchase Agreement for the sale of SPL Princess Anastasia.Under the agreement, concluded in 2010, this amount was receivable in instalments from St. Peter Line over the period to September 2016.The funds will be utilised towards reduction of ICG’s net debt.last_img

Read more

first_imgWomen wanting to learn new outdoor skills are encouraged to sign up for a unique three-day workshop called Becoming an Outdoors Woman from Sept. 10 to 12. Participants are introduced to hunting practices such as archery, bow hunting, shooting and firearms safety during the weekend program. It also includes classes in trout and fly-fishing, mountain biking, wilderness camping, kayaking, birding, nature photography and geo-caching. The workshop will be held at Mount Traber Bible Camp, Cooks Brook, in Musquodoboit Valley. “Becoming an Outdoors Woman is a great way for women to learn how to hunt or fish along with other skills associated with enjoying outdoor pursuits in Nova Scotia,” said Sterling Belliveau, Minister of Fisheries and Aquaculture. “With our province having so much to offer, we want to encourage more groups and people to get out and enjoy our wonderful natural resources with confidence.” Established in 1991, the program was created in response to barriers that discouraged women from participating in some outdoor activities. It is in place in most provinces and states throughout North America. Program partners are the Nova Scotia Federation of Anglers and Hunters, Cross Country Ski Nova Scotia, and departments of Natural Resources, Fisheries and Aquaculture and Health Promotion and Protection. Applicants must be at least 18 years old to register. Deadline for registration is Aug. 4, or until the program is full. The $229 program fee includes HST, meals, accommodations and equipment. A limited number of scholarships are available. For more information, contact Becoming an Outdoors Woman at 902-424-5832, e-mail [email protected], or visit the website at www.gov.ns.ca/natr/outdoor .last_img read more

Read more

first_imgThe province is launching its third disaster financial assistance program in six months to help Nova Scotians with severe property damage get their lives back in order after a series of storms in 2010 caused widespread damage. The program was announced today, May 19. “Government believes in doing as much as it can to make people’s lives better, particularly when they most need support,” said Ross Landry, Minister of Justice. “This program will help hundreds of Nova Scotians who were the hardest hit.” The new Disaster Financial Assistance program, cost-shared between Ottawa and the province, is worth almost $3-million and covers uninsured storm damage caused between Dec. 12 and 15, 2010. It is expected that the federal government will bear about $1-million of the cost with the province funding the rest. During the four-day span in December, up to 130 mm of rain fell in some areas. The heavy rain was accompanied by high winds and storm surge that caused damage from Digby County through much of central and eastern Nova Scotia, including Cape Breton. Nova Scotians with uninsured damage in Digby, Annapolis, Kings, Hants, Halifax, Colchester, Pictou, Guysborough, Antigonish, Victoria, Inverness, Richmond, and Cape Breton counties may be eligible for assistance. “Last year was an extraordinary time for damaging weather in the province. It is the first time any Nova Scotia government has announced three disaster financial assistance programs for one year,” said Mr. Landry. “This is a reminder to us all that emergencies do happen here at home. Please take time to ensure your family has an emergency plan and kit in place.” From August to the end of December, severe wind and rain storms caused significant damage across the province. The estimated value of the new program brings the total for disaster assistance to more than $16-million for storms in 2010. A program valued at about $8 million for flash flooding in Meat Cove in August was announced Oct. 27. A second program, worth more than $5.5 million, was announced Jan. 14, for flood damage in central and southwestern Nova Scotia from early November. Claims information and application forms are available at emo.gov.ns.ca and at Access Nova Scotia centres. The Emergency Management Office, a division of the Department of Justice, aims to ensure the safety and security of Nova Scotians, their property and the environment by providing for a prompt and co-ordinated response to an emergency.last_img read more

Read more

“I am grateful to the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, his staff and all who contributed, for the work that went into producing it. The UK has been a strong advocate for the UN’s investigation and was instrumental in securing the resolution that mandated it. We believe it is vital that the legacy of the conflict in Sri Lanka is properly addressed, to allow the country to fulfil its huge potential. We will study the report’s recommendations closely, and we look forward to working with Sri Lanka and other partners at the UN Human Rights Council in response to it,” he said. The British Government says it will work with Sri Lanka and other partners at the UN Human Rights Council in response to the report on Sri Lanka by the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights.UK Minister for Asia, Hugo Swire said he welcomes the publication of the important report into allegations of serious violations and abuses of human rights in Sri Lanka. He said UK hopes an agreement can be reached on a consensual resolution that will help to address the issues of the past and deliver lasting peace and prosperity for all Sri Lankans. read more

Read more